Working proactively with property and construction organisations
Join Us

Month

January 2018
By Alastair Hamilton, Leicester – January 2018 MORE than 300 commissions and 132 clients are just the beginning of the Perfect Circle success story during the consortium’s first year of delivering projects through the Scape National Built Environment Consultancy Services (BECS) framework. Alastair Hamilton, Framework Director, believes that the real success lies in the establishment...
Continue Reading
By Lee Summersgill, Leeds – January 2018 After recently attending the Public Sector Asset & Estate Management Conference, it is clear that the previous two years have seen a significant increase in commercial activity and investment from local authorities. With £1.2b spent in 2016 and expectation that this figure will increase in 2017, the scale...
Continue Reading
By Kev Coulin, Bristol – January 2018 The often discussed and much experienced performance gap is what’s at work when you get a much larger energy bill for your new building than you were expecting. For owner occupiers, involved throughout the design and construction process, this can be particularly frustrating and for those whose revenue...
Continue Reading
By Sarah Davidson, London – January 2018 “True collaborative working requires mutual understanding and trust” while “collaborative working is essential if information is to be produced and delivered in a consistent timely manner”, according to BIM standard PAS 1192-2. The overriding message here is clear – collaboration or co-operation lies at the centre of successful...
Continue Reading
By Caroline Toplis, Nottingham – January 2018 The current state of play Infrastructure is associated with over half of all UK carbon emissions[1], 30% of which is directly attributed to the construction, operation and maintenance of infrastructure assets, and the remaining 70% attributed to the users of infrastructure. Furthermore, since 2000, the real cost of...
Continue Reading
By Richard Green, Manchester – January 2018 There is an ongoing, urgent need to speed up the delivery of high quality housing, in particular social housing in the UK. This situation has been continuing for a number of years… we are still only building on average around 140,000 homes per year across the UK and...
Continue Reading
By Darren Crocker, Bristol – January 2018 The incorporation of Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) within the supply chain is widely seen as a major element in creating social value.  This is clearly correct, but does the use of smaller organisations reduce the ability to deliver large scale, integrated offers on issues such as training...
Continue Reading